Now, who doesn’t want to go for a holiday? Be it near or far, a holiday is something we all look for especially when you have kids who don’t know how to slow down. After all, “schools out and fun is in”, right?
But then, when it comes to booking a holiday, it seems our children's wish list is at odds! All they want on a break is a sandy beach, a theme park, and a water park. They don’t want to fly abroad and despise long drives.
My husband and I understood what our kids want from a holiday - sandy beach, less traveling time, a great theme park or water park and of course a good cozy hotel to relax and refresh. All we could think of is Sunway Lagoon which is just about 35 minutes’ drive from Kuala Lumpur. Sandy beach - check, water park - check, theme park - check! As for accommodation, The Sunway Pyramid Hotel is just within walking distance.
There you go! We were all set to get wet and have some family fun time together.
Sunway Lagoon – A Fun Place to Be!
Sunway Lagoon is definitely an ideal place to be as it has lots of fun activities for all age groups – be it you or your kids. When I say all age groups, I really meant it. In fact, I saw many older generations relaxing by the Surf Beach and Wave Pool -they probably need a break from their grandchildren!
It was a Saturday and a school holiday so no surprises, the park was jammed-packed. For each and every ride, you’ll come across long queues, but when you are in the mood to have fun, a long queue won’t bother you at all. We managed to play most of the water rides and some Christmas activities as well since it was a December.
Sunway Lagoon never fails to amaze me as they are never short of some sort of entertainment for you. There was the Captain Quack & Friends (CQ&F) largest mascot parade, special performances such as the Hawaiian theme dance, Carnival Circus Special, and much more feasting your eyes.
Kids on the other hand, were occupied with the Kiddie Paddle Boats, Water Zorb Balls, Acro-BATS, Take Home Garden Workshop, Saving The Magical Stones, Giant Soapy Bubbles, Cupcake Decorating Workshop, and a Meet & Hug session with their favourite characters. Our kids were really running wild to try out all these activities.
Best Day Ever!
Relax at the Sunway Pyramid Hotel
After a long sun-soaked day at the park, we went back to our hotel- the Sunway Pyramid Hotel feeling extremely worn out! It was the best decision to not drive back home and instead stay in a hotel which is just a few steps away from Sunway Lagoon.
There were five of us altogether including my mum, so we were offered the Family Suite. I knew that mum needed some relaxation away from home too as she takes care of our kids while we are at work, so she totally deserves it!
I have to say, our stay at Sunway Pyramid Hotel is the BEST! Why? I have more than one reason to reveal, so here it is:
- It’s convenient, as the hotel is within easy access of Sunway Lagoon for entertainment and Sunway Pyramid for food and shopping.
- Our Family Suite, are amongst the hotel’s largest room offering comfortable spaces, with added extras like 2 bathrooms, a mini-refrigerator, a microwave and bedding options for up to 6 people.
- The suite features complimentary Wi-Fi and wired broadband internet access, smart lighting, bedside USB charger outlets, 42” LED Smart TV with satellite news, sports and movie channels, flexible workspaces, high-pressure walk-in shower, ample closet space, and numerous other enhanced facilities and upgrades. Everything that a family hotel should have.
- We also have access to leisure facilities at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, directly accessible from the hotel’s main lobby. These include the oversized free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfall, a 24-hour fitness centre, and the Balinese-inspired Mandara Spa to enhance the leisure experience especially after a sun-soaked day at the park.
- When your tummy is hungry, The Resort Café at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa’s all-day dining restaurant awaits you. It presents a wide range of a la carte specialties, chefs’ signatures and buffet spreads of flavourful Malaysian, Asian and regional favourites with a selection of Middle Eastern and Western cuisines including 2 voluminous salad and fruit towers featuring fresh seasonal greens and fruits.
- For drinks, snacks and light entertainment, The Lobby Lounge offers cocktails and light appetizers.
- Sunway Pyramid Mall, directly connected to the hotel, is home to over 900 specialty stores, 170 food and beverage outlets, entertainment centres, and recreational facilities like an ice skating rink, 48-lane bowling alley, 12-screen Cineplex and much more. You’ll never be bored and out of options when you’re here.
After enjoying all the luxuries, we, The Michaels totally got relaxed, and recharged for a new day! Sunway Pyramid Hotel is a hotel that caters to the needs of a new generation of travellers. It has it all! We had a wonderful family time and you will too!
If you wish to experience what I had with my family, visit www.sunwaylagoon.com or call +603 5639 0000 for more information.